Babies have very delicate skin since they are beginning the process of creating an immune system which places them in a very vulnerable position regarding Diaper Rash. It is very common and even though, it is not life-threatening, it is certainly a very uncomfortable feeling for the baby and a heart throbbing experience for the parents.
Nobody wants their baby to go through this situation and most babies suffer from Diaper Rash at least once during their early life. In addition, it is very important to know, not only the causes but also the treatments and home remedies in order to help our babies overcome this very uncomfortable condition.
Causes of Diaper Rash
Considering that a baby’s skin is extremely delicate, we can say that diaper rash occurs, especially during early months, due to the contact with urine and feces which definitely affect their skin negatively. Nevertheless, it is of great importance to point out that there are other causes:
- There’s the possibility that your baby’s skin is sensitive to the scent found in some soaps, fabric washes, or diapers.
- When some babies start eating solids, some of them start showing a negative reaction that sometimes is exteriorized through the rash.
- Wet diapers are a very commonly known cause of Diaper Rash. It becomes more usually when the baby is not changed after having peed or pooped, specially during the night.
- Diarrhea is one of the most common causes since the already sensitive skin of the baby becomes even more sensitive due to long exposure to the feces.
- Some persistent rashes can be caused by bacteria problems in the diapers during the process of fabrication and distribution. Such kind of rash is usually more severe.
- Household cleansing products often come with strong chemicals like toxins and poison which is undoubtedly harmful for your baby’s skin.
Home Remedies and Treatments
There is certainly a great variety in Home Remedies and Treatments that are considered to be very effective in controlling and curing Diaper Rash. Let us take a look at the most efficient ones.
- Cornstarch: Clean your baby using wet tissues without scent in order to avoid worsening the rash. Then, apply a blend of cornstarch and Vaseline after having let your baby dry at least for 30 minutes.
- Oats: Put some oats in a bowel and let your baby sit for 20 or 30 minutes as you move the water with your hands. Afterwards, use a dry piece of cloth for cleaning and moisturize your baby. This is a well-known solution and has become the standard choice for fight Diaper Rash.
- Roast flower: This is right, just roast enough flower for about two weeks. Roast it until it is light brown or golden. You may use this as powder to apli on the baby after every diaper change.
- Coconut oil – it works as a great ointment for accelerating the healing an easing the baby’s pain.
These are only some of the most important Home Remedies and treatments for Diaper Rash. All of them will definitely work. Give them a try and your baby will absolutely feel relieved.