The food prospects in the city have been experimenting, trying out new stuff, leaving those days behind when Bengaluru only used to serve traditional food. The options are vast to choose from, this cosmopolitan hub comprising of new as well as customary forms of breakfast menu which are popular for its satisfying taste and health benefits. Breakfast is seen as the most important meal of the day, that helps you kick-start your day with a boost and that extra energy. Here we include a list of the finest dishes and where you should go to have a bite of the most delectable breakfast cuisines.
- CTR (Malleshwaram) – The butter masala dosa or ‘benne’ dosa is the favorite here cooked, adding a good amount of butter and a golden crispy layer served with some tasty chutney minus the sambhar. It is not the typical thin style dosa that you will find in many places in southern India and is one of the finest dosa you will find in the city.
- MTR – It’s been in business for more than eighty years now and it’s famous for its rava dosa as well as the khara bhath which is a distinct style of the upma in Bengaluru style.
- The Only Place – This place is always packed and the apple pie here, along with the burgers, as well as the steaks create a wholesome breakfast menu.
- Vidyarthi Bhavan – This is another old place in the city pretty well known for its amazing dosa served with coconut chutney, upma as well as idli. It has a laid back vibe opened way back in 1943 initially serving as a mess for students and bachelors.
- Toast and Tonic – A new place in the city serving its own exclusive flavors of tonic along with some of the best quality of bread toasts along with soft eggs. It’s trendy and this place also has a bar of its own.
- Airlines Hotel – This place is busy at any time of the day, be it a weekend or even a weekday famous for its tangy khara bhath as well as the original white rava upma. It is an open air restaurant with limited seating space located near Lavelle Road.
- Sri Raghavendra Stores – Just opposite the Malleshwaram Railway Station is this place serving traditional south Indian breakfast delicacies like a combo of idli-vada as well as shavige bhath. The idlis are served here with some very well known homemade chutney plus some amazing filter coffee that is going to make your breakfast a very tasty and appetizing affair.
- Konarak Vegetarian Restaurant – There is a variety of dosas and sandwiches along with milkshakes, tea as well as coffee to choose from but the best options are the set dosa and kesari bhath.
South Thindies – Along with the regular dosas, idlis and vadas the bread dosa, kerala parotta and kesari bhath is special here with some quality beverage menu.