Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. More than 100 different types of arthritis have been diagnosed, such as ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout or scleroderma.
Arthritis can damage muscles, bones, tendons or ligaments. In addition to practicing some physical activity appropriate to the conditions of each person and to take a varied and balanced diet, foods rich in omega 3 are especially beneficial for cases of arthritis.
Causes of the Onset of Arthritis
• Fracture of the bones
• Autoimmune diseases
• Viral or bacterial infection
• Stay in the same position for a long time
Symptoms of Arthritis
• Rigidity of the joint
• Local inflammation
• Movement limitation
Home Remedies for Arthritis
Applying heat or local cold can be of great relief in cases of arthritis.
• Turmeric: it is a spice that is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for its multiple medicinal properties. In the case of arthritis, it is effective because it relieves inflammation since it is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory. In addition, we must add its analgesic action, which reduces or eliminates the pain caused by arthritis.
• Pineapple: due to its content in the enzyme bromelain, pineapple is a fruit that helps us reduce both inflammation and pain. This food-medication in addition to improving the symptoms mentioned is excellent for general health.
• Arnica: this medicinal plant is able to reduce or eliminate the symptoms of arthritis. It is due to its analgesic properties, anti-inflammatory and stimulating blood circulation. Prepare it in infusion or you can also apply it externally and locally on the affected area in the form of compresses, infused oil or poultices.
• Ginger: this rhizome has a long tradition as part of the traditional medicine of Asian countries. And has verity of health benefits; it is able to improve digestions, combats dizziness, eliminates bad breath, stimulates the functioning of the pancreas and also is very useful in inflammatory conditions due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic power. Simply grate a bit of ginger on your food once it is served or include it in your green smoothies and enjoy. You can also grow ginger in pots.
• Flax Seeds or Linseed: These seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, so they are a natural remedy to combat the symptoms of arthritis. In addition, you will notice an improvement in the health of your hair, your skin, vitality or even in stomach ulcers if you have it. You can take the seeds of flax by grinding them and sprinkling them over the food already served or they are also left to soak for 6 hours and they are drunk along with the mucilage that is created.
• Rosemary Alcohol: a traditional remedy to relieve joint pains. You can easily prepare it at home and have it always available for when you need it. It is very effective and also relieves muscle pain.
• Basil: this aromatic herb, besides spicing up many dishes, is excellent for reducing the inflammation caused by arthritis. In addition, basil combats physical and mental fatigue, headache, stress, and anxiety. Simply pick some fresh leaves over the food and serve it.
• Apple Cider Vinegar: this home remedy has been shown to reduce both inflammation and pain of chronic conditions. It is applied to the affected area by pressure with warm apple cider vinegar and can also be taken internally by mixing a spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.