In today’s fast-paced lives, striving for a healthy work-life balance within a family is becoming a daily challenge. With a lot of things to keep track of, both physical and mental well-being and health of children, as well as adults, gains the utmost importance. Kids today are equipped with the latest gadgets in terms of iPads and smartphones. They are stuck indoors staring at their screens and consequently lacking in the fitness department. The solution is pretty simple: get outdoors and get active. To add to their inspiration, you can gift your kid a Fitbit style fitness tracker! Instead of gifting them another iPad game or a movie on a big screen TV or the latest gaming console, try to pull your kid out of the house. Let them have some fun with a fresh, sleek kid’s fitness tracker. Below is the list of our best Fitbit style cool fitness bands for your kids that you can consider in 2020.
Best Fitbit for kids in 2020
Fitbit Charge 3
Wareable has voted this as the Best Fitness Tracker of the year. This one comes with some cool features that give real-time information about your body and fitness levels. It is one of the most advanced and best Fitbit fitness trackers for kids where you can set goals, track progress and get a complete picture of your health and fitness – all on your dashboard in the Fitbit mobile app. You can use the daily on-screen panel to check your health and activity stats.
- Swimproof up to 50 m in water
- Fitness and sleep tracking
- Real-time pace and distance check
- Female health tracker
- 24/7 heart rate monitor with heart rate zones
- Wireless Sync feature
- 15 goal-based exercise modes
- Up to 7-day battery life
Fitbit Versa Lite
This is a bold watch type tracker with just the right features to help your kid reach his fitness goals. Compact and light, it comes in 2 sleek colors-charcoal and silver. You can set reminders and even let your kid conduct guided breathing sessions based upon his heart rate.
- 500+ clock face designs
- 24/7 heart rate tracker and monitor
- 15+ exercise modes like Yoga, run, cycle, etc. to choose from
- Notifications and quick replies
- Health and wellness tools like step counter, food, and waterlogging
- Personal guidance, help, and insights on activity, rest and nutrition
Fitbit Ace 2
This is a perfect activity tracker for kids in the 6+ years category. Available in some cool colors like watermelon pink and teal and night sky/neon yellow, it can help your kid develop healthy habits fast.
- All-day activity record with 60 minutes activity goal
- Comfortable and secure with silicone band
- Virtual badges and avatars as kids motivation incentives
- Parental controls and kids view available
- Up to 5-day battery life
- Sleep tracking
- Wireless Sync
Fitbit Charge 2
This is another current heart rate plus fitness band available in sleek designs and classic accessories, with luxe leather bands, and specialized edition trackers. It falls in the category of the best Fitbit fitness tracker for kids.
- Pure pulse heart rate monitor
- Large OLED screen
- Interchangeable bands
- Multi-sport tracking with connected GPS
- Call, text and calendar alerts
- Guided breathing sessions
Fitbit Inspire HR
This tracker band will help your kid live a healthy, balanced life by tracking his all-day activity, exercise, sleep, and weight.
- Swim proof and swim tracking
- 5-day battery life
- 15+ goal-based exercise modes
- Customizable watch dials and bands
- Sleep and heart rate monitoring
- Smartphone notifications
- Value for money
This is a fun, simple watch clip for your kid that will record his steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned. It has an easy tap display to see the fitness statistics and the time of day on –screen.
- Tracks steps counts, distance, active minutes and calories burned
- Wireless and automatic sync
- Smart and comfortable clip fit
- One time display
- Long battery life
- Two years limited warranty
Buying Guide for the Best Fitbit for kids
With so many different versions and brands available in the market, making the right choice of Fitbit band for your kid becomes a daunting task. To make your selection process more straightforward, here we present a simple buying guide highlighting the features you need to look into.
You can choose from a wide selection of colorful and sleek trendy Fitbit bands as per your child’s taste and requirement. The bands’ appeal will keep your child more interested in its usability.
- Display- This feature is what makes the tracker quintessential for your kid. The display comes in black and white. You also get a touchscreen display, side buttons, the screen size, and its visibility in various light conditions.
- Features- Fitbit’s devices, dashboard and app work together to deliver a complete, 24X7 connected, and fun experience. You can choose bands as per your need to track activity, exercise, food, weight, sleep, and more. With the sync feature, Sync stats wirelessly and automatically from your Fitbit device to your phone or computer.
- GPS- If you would like to keep tabs on where the kids are, going to and from school, out on field trips with their friends, look for bands with GPS trackers. In such cases, a small and less bulky group with good battery life and GPS tracker will come handy.
- Waterproof-Be it rains or fun in the shower or just a daily swim; you cannot keep kids away from the water. The Fitbit bands for your kids should, therefore, be waterproof or water-resistant. Most of the Fitbits are not waterproof, but they do offer water resistance up to a certain level, as mentioned by the ATM rating on the bands.
- Sleep tracking- Some Fitbits like Ace automatically tracks the sleeping time and pattern of your child. You can let your child wear the Fitbit band to sleep to track his sleep and sync his tracker. The band’s dashboard will show the sleep data.
- Battery Life- A rechargeable battery powers all Fitbits monitor bands. These fitness bands have certain days’ battery life when fully charged. The battery life of this device depends on its features. Those bands with extra features and GPS trackers will consume more battery and have to be changed frequently as well.
With tightly packed schedules, both parents and children run marathons in their daily lives. Keeping abreast of the kids’ friendly devices, it is becoming increasingly important that kids understand the value of getting active through exercise or sports. So, scan through the options available on this website and explore through the treasure of sleek Fitbit options. Gift your loved one a gift for a healthy lifestyle and start 2020 on a positive note.