Barcelona is a city that never sleeps, and that means there’s always something to do. Whether you’re planning on exploring ancient architecture or savoring some of the best food in the world, this city has it all.
In this blog post, we’ve put together a guide for some of the best places to eat when visiting Barcelona in 2023. From top restaurants to hidden gems, read on to get a list of places you don’t want to miss.
What to Eat in Barcelona?
When visiting Barcelona, there are many great places to eat. Some of our favorites include:
- La Boqueria – A great place to go for a cheap and tasty meal, La Boqueria is a market that has been in the same location since 1849. There are several different sections with different types of food, including a section for fish.
- El Quim de la Boquería – Another great option for a cheap and tasty meal, El Quim de la Boquería specializes in tapas. There are several different sections with different types of tapas, as well as a section for larger plates.
- El Celler de Can Romà – A more expensive option, but definitely worth it for a special meal. El Celler de Can Romà is known for its foie gras dishes and its wine list is extensive.
The Must-Try Food in Barcelona
If you’re looking for something unique to eat while in Barcelona, be sure to check out the tapas scene. There are so many delicious options available, and it’s always a fun experience to try something new. One of our favorite tapas is definitely LA BOMBA.
For an even more interesting food experience, check out one of Barcelona’s renowned restaurants specializing in traditional Catalan cuisine. Ca l’Isidre is definitely worth a visit if you’re looking for some truly delicious dishes.
Finally, if you’re in the mood for some good old-fashioned American-style diner food, head to Big Al’s. The burgers here are delicious and reasonably priced, making it a great place to refuel after exploring the city center.
The Best Places to Drink in Barcelona
Barcelona is known for its delicious food and drink, so finding the perfect spot to sip on a cold one or bite to eat is no easy task. Here are some of the best places to enjoy a beverage or bite in Barcelona:
- Banker’s Bar
- Hemingway Gin and Cocktail Bar
- Solange Cocktail Bar
- Craft Barcelona
Nightlife in Barcelona
Barcelona has a wide variety of nightlife options for all types of partygoers. Whether you’re looking for a quiet spot to study or a lively place to dance the night away, Barcelona has something for you. There are plenty of traditional bars and clubs where you can have a few drinks and listen to some great music. However, if you’re looking for something more exciting, Barcelona has plenty of underground nightclubs and bars that offer a unique experience.
For example, the Shoko Barcelona table is a great way to enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail with friends. From fetish bars to exclusive wine bars, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Barcelona’s nightlife scene. If you want to get out and experience the nightlife without having to worry about price tags, there are also plenty of free events happening every week. From live music performances at parks to late-night comedy shows, there’s always something going on in Barcelona’s nightlife scene.
Tapas & Sangria
Tapas are the perfect way to get your food fixed when in Barcelona. They’re small, usually inexpensive, and can be ordered as a main course or as a starter. Sangria is another popular choice when in Barcelona – it’s a fruity wine that goes great with tapas.
What To Do When Visiting Barcelona?
When you’re visiting Barcelona, one of the best things to do is to eat. Barcelona has a variety of restaurants and cafes, so there’s sure to be something for everyone. Here are some tips on what to eat when in Barcelona:
- Try tapas: This is a great way to sample different dishes from the numerous restaurants in Barcelona. A tapa is a small dish, usually around 4-6 ounces, that can be ordered as part of a meal or as a snack.
- Visit the markets: Barcelona has several excellent markets where you can pick up fresh produce and local cheeses. Markets are also great places to buy souvenirs like Catalan ceramics or jewelry.
- Eat at La Boqueria: La Boqueria is one of the most popular food markets in Barcelona and it’s definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for something different to eat. You can find all sorts of meats, seafood, fruits, vegetables, and pastries here.
- Go gastronomic: If you want to really indulge in some delicious Spanish cuisine, head over to an upscale restaurant like El Celler de Can Roca or El Bulli (both listed below). Prices tend to reflect the quality of the food, so don’t be afraid to splurge!
- Enjoy street food: Street food may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s definitely an interesting experience if you’re open to trying new things. You can find great deals on street food in Barcelona by bargaining hard.
- Have a drink: A good way to end your day in Barcelona is by enjoying a glass of wine or a cocktail at one of the many bars and clubs in the city.
Barcelona is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and with good reason. From world-renowned landmarks such as Gaudi’s Park Guell and La Pedrera to vibrant neighborhoods like Gràcia and Eixample, there is something for everyone to enjoy while in Barcelona. Unfortunately, not all restaurants are created equal, which can make choosing where to eat a daunting task.
In this article, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite restaurants in Barcelona that serve delicious food at reasonable prices. Try them out when you’re next in town and see for yourself why they’ve been voted one of the best places to eat in Barcelona!