As the human body gets older, the risk of muscle loss is very high due to the lack of physical activity and the low intake of proteins. This is especially critical in Senior citizens who reduce the intake of this nutrient and eliminate all sort of workout activity from their daily routine. The exercise and consumption of protein are essential to help avoid the weakness of the muscles. But as growing older, people tend to forget the importance of maintaining muscles on good performance conditions by forgetting the needed intake of proteins
As time goes by, the importance and maintenance of muscles are putting in a lower place in the human preferences; tending to avoid all sort of working out and the oblivion of providing the necessary nutrients to keep our body in good shape. If a person does not take good care of the body and muscles as well and keep them strong, this would lead to be weak and unstable with a high risk of getting injured, with permanent consequences.
Since muscles are those organs that support well bones, improve balance, flexibility and allow the free movement of a person; it is necessary to give them the necessary nutrient that can be found in several food and snacks.
To maintain muscles in good conditions, the following snacks are recommended to be taken:
• Almonds, eggs, and apples – this trio makes the perfect combination of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. The hardboiled egg provides the protein, while the fullness is given by the intake of almonds and the apples keeps you regular.
• A Single egg cracked in a mug with pepper, salt, red peppers, and bit of greeted cheese is the perfect snack to supply with the good amount of protein. An easy and a-minute-and-a-half ready to consume snack (and do not forget to stir it after 30 seconds)
• Fully loaded toast – served with avocado and turkey slices makes it a healthy and protein-packed snack.
• If eating is not enough, or time is short for eatable snacks, a good shake is also a good provider of protein.
• Accompanied Greek yogurt with berries, oats, or chia seeds is an easy way to ensure the necessary daily intake of protein muscles require.
• Cottage cheese and fruit are also a good source of daily protein.
• Cucumber salad – a good combination of chopped cucumbers with tomatoes, turkey bits, and olive oil is enough to turn a regular salad into a good source of protein.
It is not necessary to feed oneself with lots of red meat to take the amount of protein our bodies need to maintain muscles in very good conditions. The seven snack mentioned above are good sources of protein, easy to prepare and delicious to take.
So there is no need to worry about protein taking to get all the nutrients your body need, but it is also important to remember the necessity of doing physical activities at least 30 minutes a day to complement the intake of protein and the maintenance of muscles by using them.