London is famous for its vibrant nightlife scene, with hundreds of nightclubs and bars scattered throughout the city. With so many options to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and not know where to start. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of dos and don’ts to ensure you have a great night out while clubbing in London.
List of Do’s and Don’ts
1. Do dress to impress
London has a reputation for being one of the most fashionable cities in the world, and this is reflected in its nightlife. Dressing well is not only a sign of respect for the venue you’re visiting, but it can also help you get past the bouncer and into the club. Most clubs in London have a dress code, so make sure to check it before you go. Dressing up doesn’t necessarily mean wearing a suit and tie, but it does mean putting some effort into your appearance.
2. Don’t show up too early
In London, the party starts late, with most clubs not opening until 10 pm or later. Showing up too early can mean standing around outside the club, waiting for it to open. Instead, plan to arrive around midnight when the party is in full swing. This way, you’ll avoid the crowds outside and get straight to the dancing.
3. Do explore different areas
London is a vast city with different neighborhoods, each with its own vibe and scene. Don’t limit yourself to just one area, such as Soho or Shoreditch. Instead, explore different parts of the city to find the club that suits your style. Some of the best areas for clubbing in London include Camden, Notting Hill, and Brixton.
4. Don’t forget to pre-drink
Drinking in London can be expensive, with a single cocktail costing upwards of £10. To save some money, pre-drink before you go out. Grab some drinks from a local shop or have a few drinks at home before heading to the club. Just remember to pace yourself and not to overdo it.
5. Do consider London VIP Tables
If you’re looking for a more exclusive experience, London VIP tables are a great option. Many clubs in London offer VIP packages that include a private table, bottle service, and dedicated staff. This can be a great way to avoid the crowds and have a more luxurious night out. Just remember that VIP tables can be expensive, so make sure to check the prices before booking.
6. Don’t be disrespectful
Clubbing in London can be a lot of fun, but it’s important to remember that you’re not the only one there. Be respectful to the other club-goers, staff, and the venue itself. Don’t get too drunk, don’t start fights, and don’t damage the property. Remember that you’re a guest in someone else’s space, so treat it with respect.
7. Do plan ahead
London is a busy city, and clubs can get packed quickly. To avoid disappointment, plan ahead and book your tickets in advance. This way, you can guarantee entry and avoid the long queues outside. You should also plan your route home, especially if you’re going out in a different area of the city.
8. Don’t forget to have fun
Finally, the most important thing to remember when clubbing in London is to have fun. Don’t worry too much about what you’re wearing or where you’re going. Just go out and enjoy yourself. Dance, meet new people, and make some memories. After all, that’s what clubbing is all about.
9. Do take advantage of discounts
Many clubs in London offer discounted entry or drinks during certain times or days of the week. Look out for these deals and save yourself some money.
10. Don’t drink and drive
Driving under the influence is illegal and dangerous. If you plan to drink, make sure to arrange for a designated driver or use public transportation.
Planning Your Night Out in London
1. Planning a night out in London can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with the city’s nightlife scene. However, with a little research and preparation, you can ensure a fun and memorable evening. Here are some tips for planning your night out in London:
2. Decide on your group size: Are you planning a night out with a few friends or a larger group? Knowing your group size can help you choose the right venue and make reservations if necessary.
3. Choose your location: London has a wide variety of nightlife options in different neighborhoods. Do you want to dance the night away in Soho, enjoy cocktails in Chelsea, or catch some live music in Camden? Consider your preferences and choose the location that suits you best.
4. Research venues: Once you’ve chosen your location, research the venues in the area. Look up reviews and check their website or social media pages to get a sense of the atmosphere and music policy. You may also want to check if the club has a dress code or age restrictions.
5. Make reservations: If you’re planning to go to a popular club, it’s a good idea to make reservations in advance. This will ensure you have a spot and can avoid waiting in long lines.
6. Plan your transportation: London has a great public transportation system, so consider using buses or trains to get to your destination. If you’re planning to stay out late, make sure to check the night bus schedules or arrange for a taxi or Uber.
7. Budget for the night: Clubbing in London can be expensive, so make sure to set a budget for yourself. Consider the cost of entry, drinks, and transportation, as well as any additional expenses like coat check or London VIP tables.
All in All
In summary, clubbing in London can be an exciting and memorable experience if you follow these dos and don’ts. With these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a great night out in London’s vibrant nightlife scene.