Kidney stones are well known to be a painful condition that can last for days and, in some case, for weeks. However, there is no reason for suffering more than we have to since there are some natural homemade remedies that can help you with your kidney stones problem. When high levels of calcium, uric acid, sodium or other substances that are formed as crystals start to build up in your urine to levels that the body is incapable of getting rid of, is when kidney stones are formed.
There are some stones that are small enough so they can pass through urination and they do not show any symptoms, and there are others that get larger and are normally stuck in the tube where urine is supposed to pass through from the kidneys the bladder. These are the cases were kidney stones are a source of enormous pain.
Getting Rid of Kidney Stones at Home
Some cases are very severe and require a surgery in order to remove the crystals formed in the kidney. However, not all the cases are like that. In most cases, you can apply different methods for removing kidney stones without much pain and without an invasive operation. So let us discuss first some of ways in which we can avoid the formation of kidney stones.
We all have the possibility of developing kidney stones, but there are ways to avoid that. The following steps are meant to help you avoid suffering from this very uncomfortable condition.
1. Drinking a lot of fluids will certainly help you get rid of the forming stines by having a more content urination.
2. Fruits and vegetables have antioxidant properties that help you get rid of the extra elements in your body through urine.
3. Eating too much salt can lead to stone formation, so keep an eye on the amount of salt that you put in your food
4. Having enough amount of calcium will also help you avoid suffering from kidney stones
If you follow these steps you will less likely suffer from kidney stones. Nevertheless, if you are already struggling with this condition, we can help you. Every case is different; it normally depends on the sizes of their stones. So the following methods are meant to help you get rid of kidney stones at home.
1. Apple cider vinegar – Drinking this can help you avoid suffering from kidney stones but if you already have them, just mix apple cider vinegar with honey and drink it at least three times a day. You could also mix it with baking soda.
2. Uva ursi – This bearberry normally grows in the northern hemisphere. It helps softens the stones since it contains tannins and flavonoids.
3. You can also drink any of the following: Lemon juice with olive oil, dandelion root which is a diuretic, nettle leaf that is also a diuretic as well as an antibacterial, basil, wheat grass juice, brand flakes, celery, kidney beans, lemonade, limeade, cranberry juice and water.
Drink any of them until the stones have passed, it must not take more than a couple weeks and these drinks will help you avoid presenting much pain.