A double chin, which is also known as submental fat, is a very common condition and it happens when there is a layer of fat forming below your chin. A double chin is often a sign of weight gain, but also genetics and loose skin from aging can be responsible for it.
If you happen to have fallen victim to having a double chin, fear not, there are many things you can do to get rid of it.
Now, even though there is no scientific evidence to support that “Chin Exercises” are actually effective, there is sufficient anecdotal evidence that does supports the claim and therefore they are always recommended.
There are a few exercises you can do from the comfort of your home or your office.
– Straight Jaw Jut: start by tilting your head back, and look up at the ceiling, then push the lower jaw forward and feel the stretching under the chin, hold the position for 10-15 seconds and return to a normal position.
– Ball Exercise: For this one, you are going to place a ball under your chin, the ball should be roughly between 9 and 10 inches, press the chin down towards the ball, do it at least 25 five times daily.
– Pucker Up: Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling, and then pursed your lips upward as if you were kissing the ceiling in order to stretch the area beneath the chin, stop the pursing and place the head back to a normal position.
Two other effective ways to decrease a double chin, diet, and exercise. If the cause of your double chin is weight gain, then, losing weight is the rational solution and the best way to do so is by following a proper dieting and regular exercise.
Some healthy diet options are:
– Eating at least four servings of vegetables a day.
– Eating three servings of fruits a day.
– Go for Whole grains instead of refined grains.
– Try not to it processed foods.
– Increase your intake of poultry and fish.
– Eat healthy fats from olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
– Try to avoid eating Fried foods.
– Go for Low-fat dairy products.
– Lower your daily intake of sugary products.
– Excise portion control.
So, as you lose numbers in that scale you also lose fats in your face and gets rid of that awful looking double chin.
In addition to proper dieting, doctors and experts recommend physical activity of up to 300 minutes a week meaning at least 45 minutes a day.