Everyone loves getting flowers for special occasions or for no occasion at all. They are beautiful and come in so many different varieties. You are sure to find your favorite in all the varieties that are offered.
It is always fun to receive flowers at work or school. You should know that flower delivery is easy to do and that most places deliver for free or just a small cost. This can help you to surprise your special someone.
This article will give you some information about having flowers delivered. It will give you some suggestions on how to do it the right way. You can also find more information by doing some research.
Information About Flower Delivery
- Direct order from a store – Avoid calling wire services that deliver flowers. The biggest reason for this is that you will not get the same thing that you see in the pictures. The wire services will contact a local flower store and the local store might not have the flowers that are pictured on the wire service.
- See what Is in the cooler – Instead of asking them to copy a picture that you found online, see what the store has in the cooler. Ask the store clerk what they can make with what is available. That way you won’t be disappointed and your special someone will receive exactly what you asked for.
- Talk about substitutions – This is another reason that you don’t want to call a wire service. They don’t know what the store has available so there may be substitutions that you don’t want. If you talk to the store directly, you can ask them if there will be any substitutions so that you can order something else if you want.
- Order well in advance – If you want a specific flower, make sure that you ask for it way ahead of time. You want to make sure that the flower store has time to get it in stock for you. You also want to have time in case the shop needs to find something different for you.
- Be honest about your budget – Let the shop owner know what your budget is. This way they can help you to find just the right arrangements for you with your budget in mind. Don’t be embarrassed if you can only afford a small arrangement – they will understand.
- Buy from a grocer – If you don’t need the flowers delivered, buy from a grocer. You can get the same type of flowers as you could get from a shop, and they will be much less expensive. Sometimes they can be less than one-third the price of those that you could get at a shop.
- Work with only brick-and-mortar stores – This goes along with not ordering from a wire service. You will see pictures of what you might want, but the actual brick-and-mortar store might not have the same flowers. If you work with a storefront, you will be able to see exactly what you are ordering.
- Pay with a credit card – Don’t use cash, a check, or a debit card, use a credit card instead. This way if something goes wrong, you have the ability to block the payment. See here to learn more about that. You can’t do that with other forms of payment.
- Read reviews – Make sure that you read the reviews of the shop before you do business with them. You can find out a lot of information about a company from reading the reviews, including how they treat their customers. If they have bad reviews, find another company to do business with.
- Build in-store rapport – If you can manage it, walk into the store, and talk to the shop manager. Build a rapport with them so that you can become more than a name and phone number. Let them get to know you in a personal way.
There are many things that you should know before you order flowers that you need to be aware of. You want to make sure that you order from a brick-and-mortar store and not a wire service or online. This way you are to be sure to get the flowers that you are asking for.
You also want to see if you can build a rapport with the shopkeeper. You also want to be sure to pay with a credit card in case there are any issues with your arrangement. Read the online reviews that you can find so that how they act with their customers.
Check out all aspects of the shop before you do business with them. See how willing they are to make custom arrangements for you. You can tell how good the place is when they are willing to help you out.