Liposuction is the second most cosmetic procedure people choose for around the globe. This statement can be backed by statistical data published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. It states that in 2015, almost 400,000 liposuction procedures were performed. A similar phenomenon is now occurring in the capital city of India, Delhi. But why liposuction is gaining such popularity in the country? We’ll get to that but let’s have a look at some key facts first.
Key facts on Liposuction
- Liposuction made up 31% of total surgical procedures in the month of June 2019, according to a professional organization that advocates for board-certified surgeons and gathers data across the nation related to cosmetic surgery practices.
- Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. For losing weight surgically, one should consider bariatric surgery
- In the United States, more than 300,000 procedures of liposuction are performed every year
Reasons Why People in Delhi Are Choosing Liposuction
The several benefits that the procedure offers are the primary reasons for more and more people opting for the liposuction in Delhi. People in the capital city have identified the advantages of liposuction hence, they are favoring to undergo this fat-loss treatment.
- Treats various illnesses- Liposuction can also treat various health conditions in addition to cosmetic purposes. Some of the diseases that can be cured with liposuction include lymphedema, gynecomastia, obesity-related diseases, lipodystrophy syndrome, and lipomas.
- Can be performed on multiple areas- Several other treatment options don’t allow fat removal from multiple areas of the body in one session. This is not the case with liposuction. After a single procedure of liposuction, the patient can experience the results right away as it extracts stubborn fat from pre-decided areas.
- Guarantees Accurate results- Liposuction is one method of fat loss that can remove fat from a targeted area with absolute accuracy. The accurate results guarantee that the patient is satisfied with the overall contour of the body.
- Offers permanent results- Liposuction ensures that the fat is eliminated from the body permanently, unlike other non-surgical options. However, note here that if a patient gains new fat, the results will change.
- Boosts up self-confidence- Several people have a dampened morale due to uneven body shape. They miss out on all the fun and are unable to live life to the fullest. This also has a psychological impact on the individual. This can be changed if they decide to undergo a liposuction. Once people experience the results, their self-confidence boosts.
- Minimal or no scarring- Doctors who have good aesthetic sense and years of experience ensure that there are as minimum visible cuts or incisions as possible. They make the incisions in places that are not easily located but at the same time, unwanted fat can be eliminated easily.
- Motivates to lead a healthier lifestyle- People who have achieved an ideal and healthy body weight should only consider undergoing liposuction. When individuals who experience instant results of an enhanced body appearance and desire to see the results continued, undergoing liposuction is one of the greatest motivators.
How is liposuction performed?
In order to understand how liposuction offers several benefits, let’s dig deeper into how this procedure is performed.
There are various techniques available in liposuction clinics in Delhi such as Pristyn Care. Amongst these several types, the Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance or VASER is gaining the most popularity. The VASER liposuction involves the following steps-
- The first and foremost step is sedation. An experienced anesthetist thoroughly checks the patient and gently administers local anesthesia through an IV channel. This is necessary to ensure that the patient remains sedated throughout the procedure.
- Once the patient is unconscious, the doctor makes several small incisions and injects a mixture of saline solution into the fatty area.
- Next, the doctor inserts minute ultrasound probes through these incisions that can emit ultrasound waves. These waves break the fatty bonds from the body.
- The doctor now sucks out the liquified fat through a cannula which is a hollow tube.
- Lastly, the doctor stitches the incisions with dissolvable sutures.
Precautions To Take After Liposuction For Best Results
Specialists explain that there are a couple of things you can after liposuction that can guarantee the results you desired. Here are a couple of tips that you can keep in mind after the liposuction is complete to achieve better results.
Activities that are allowed
- Wear a compression garment- For at least 21 days, wear a compression garment day-in and day-out to prevent any damage to the wound.
- Eat a healthy diet- Sip on some fluids such as soup, broths, etc to prevent hydration. In order to prevent the risk of constipation, eat a healthy diet which includes fiber foods, nuts, whole grains, lean meat, etc.
- Sleep with head elevated- You need to take rest for at least 9 hours in a day to fasten the healing process. Also, put some extra pillows below the head before you go to sleep so that you are in a 45-degree position.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes– Wear cotton or clothes of any comfortable fabric to prevent any discomfort.
- Exercise regularly- Once the window of 21 recovery period is over, start with light exercises. Gradually, then shift to chest-targeted exercises such as presses, cable flys, planks, push-ups, squats, etc.
Activities that are not allowed
- Do not itch the wound as much as possible
- Do not perform any kind of vigorous activity or exercise that can exhaust you
- Do not perform any contact sport activities
- Do not massage or rub the wound and the surrounding area or it can cause inflammation and infection
- Do not take any vitamin supplements or body-enhancing protein shakes without any consultation
- Do not wear any kind of tight-fitting clothing to prevent irritation of the wound
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is chosen by more and more people in the city of Delhi. The number of liposuction procedures is increasing on a daily basis and so is the number of clinics. The reason for such a phenomenon is the several benefits that liposuction offers. In case you want to lose fat permanently, consider speaking with a cosmetic surgeon, and resolve all your queries related to liposuction.