People these days live in a digital realm, where transportable storage media is viewed as a blessing and many individuals, including you, rely on it. But when these storage devices get damaged or corrupted, you will never feel calm or relaxed. You will constantly look for ways to solve this particular problem as soon as possible. The best solution for such issues is to get a photo recovery tool that will help with the mac data recovery process with no hassle.
One of the best retrieval tools available in the market is Wondershare Recoverit. It will instantly fix a tarnished or destroyed memory or SD card within a matter of minutes. This article will tell you about why the SD card gets damaged and the steps to recover data from such storage devices.
The Normal Reasons A For Corrupted SD Card
There are several reasons that prove why your memory card gets damaged unexpectedly. To know the reasons behind it, you will find them below. Please take a look!
- When you come across a black screen on your device that says, “The SD card is not accessible. The directory or file is unreadable “, it indicates that your memory card is damaged.
- You will easily know that your memory card is corrupted if the pictures or images in it are missing. If you cannot obtain your photos, you will surely know where precisely the issue is.
- If you are using portable storage media on the PC, you will find a message like, “SD card is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”. This clearly shows that your storage media is corrupted.
- Another reason that proves your memory card is corrupted is when you try to look for images and other items, and you cannot find them. Furthermore, you will receive an error message that states “write-protected” and then shows it’s damaged.
- You will not be able to remove, add or even save anything when the card is tarnished.
- If you try to use the camera, you will find it’s completely black. It’s because your memory card has become slow, and you need to understand that it’s not healthy enough to run smoothly.
- An error message that says “Read/Write your SD card” will appear on your system’s screen, and things stored within this media storage will not open. This signifies that the system can read it.
How To Recover Data From A Damaged SD Card Through Recoverit?
If you have lost a significant file from your media storage, there is no need to stress anymore. You can use the Wondershare Recoverit tool to recover deleted photos because it has the power to recover a diverse range of data types from all types of storage media. The software is trusted by millions of users across the globe. Here, in this section, you will encounter the steps that will enable you to conduct the recovery work.
- Step 1: The first thing you must do is download and install the photo recovery software on your device. After that, you must connect your storage media with the laptop or PC and open up the tool. Make sure that the SD card is identifiable by the device you are using.
- Step 2: Through the software’s main interface, you can select the memory card and then press the start button.
- Step 3: Once you choose the external storage, the program will begin scanning the entire SD card. It will be a good idea if you wait for a little while until the whole process is completed.
- Step 4: Now, you will come across the results on the screen. Start selecting the files, which you wish to recover and preview them once right before you press the “Recover” button.
This is how you recover all the data from a damaged SD card.
What Are The Main Features Of The Recoverit Software?
The Recoverit tool from Wondershare works efficiently when it comes to retrieving data from tarnished media storage. It also has some unique features which you must know. Look below!
- The tool stands out to be pretty reliable, and it’s also safe to use.
- The method to recover all your video, audio and photos are pretty simple and easy to understand.
- You will get the chance to preview the files right before you recover them.
- Individuals can freely retrieve all their data from any storage media.
- The software makes a recovery possible under all data loss situations.
Another Way To Recover Data From SD Card
Apart from using a recovery tool, if you are looking for a different way to retrieve all your data, you can opt for the “chkdsk command”. To know how to do so, here are the steps which you have to follow.
- Step 1: You have to link your Android device with the PC and mount it in the form of a disk hard [choose the mass storage mode].
- Step 2: Now, open My Computer on your PC and look at the drive letter of your memory or SD card.
- Step 3: On your device: click on the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Step 4: Within the command prompt, enter “chkdsk [letter assigned on your memory card] :/F.
- Step 5: Finally, all you need to do is just tap on the “Enter” button, and your device will initiate the entire process to repair your damaged SD card.
A tarnished memory card situation is not acceptable, and you cannot afford it to happen. It’s because such storages contain a lot of essential data. Small devices like these are precious to many individuals. They will do their best to protect them from getting damaged or corrupted. Once you go through this article, you will understand how to detect whether your SD card is corrupted.
You will also know how to resolve the issue within a matter of minutes and also learn about the reason behind your damaged storage media. Make sure to check each of the steps to obtain a good understanding.