Imagine a ‘Hero’ working in movies with an actress as a cente character, certainly not a mainstream ‘hero’ thing to do. Now imagine an actor becoming a star doing the same. Rajkumar Rao is one such actor, who came across as an amazing actor and then became the ‘Hero’.
Born and brought up in Gurugram, Rajkumar Rao childhood has been spent mostly in Delhi NCR, he is a graduate from Delhi University. He was constantly doing theatre as well during his graduation days. Rao decided to join Films and Television Institute of India. Graduated from FTII in 2008 and Rao decided to shift to Mumbai for a career in films. Rao found his inspiration from Shah Rukh Khan.
The Beginning of Journey
Being an outsider, to enter in any industry is not easy. When Rao decided to enter the industry he had no contacts and no one to seek help. But as they say, work hard and let success make the noise, Rao let his talent do all the wonders for him.
- After struggling a lot, Ekta Kapoor’s LSD in 2010 became Rajkumar Rao debut film.
- He was further seen in Ragini MMS. He was liked by both the critics and the audience.
- Rajkumar was then seen in Shaitan. Regardless of the film being flop, his role was critically acclaimed.
- Rao was further seen in various small roles in movies like Talaash. Gangs of Wassepur 2 and Chittagong.
The Big Bang
The first Rajkumar Rao movie to star him in a central role was 2013 multi-starrer Kai Po Che. Though the movie was a great success, yet Rao never limited himself to play the lead roles. Since then there is string of Rajkumar Rao movie list.
- He was next seen in Shahid again with him at the lead. The movie got him his first National Award and Filmfare Best actor critics. It is also considered as one of the Rajkumar Rao best movies.
- In 2014 came Kangana Ranaut starrer Queen and Hansal Mehta’s City Lights. His portrayal of small city boy with perfect and different attitudes in both films was highly appreciated.
- Rao was later seen in 2015 in Dolly Ki Doli and Humari Adhuri Kahani, both of which flopped.
- In 2016 Rao was back with his stellar performances in Aligarh with a supporting role and Trapped. He lost 7 kgs in 22 days for Trapped ad bagged another Filmfare award for best actor critics.
- Talking about Rajkumar Rao web series, then no one can forget about Bose: dead or alive. (2017)
- In the same year came Bareily ki barfi and Newton, that garnered him praises and another Filmfare. He further won hearts with Shadi Mein Zaroor Aana.
- Finally in 2018 came Stree alongside Shraddha Kapoor, which gave Rao the much awaited and deserving commercial success.
- Rajkumar Rao new movie includes one with Jhanvi Kapoor in a double role.
Love life and Marriage
Actor Patralekha Paul is proudly known as Rajkumar Rao girlfriend and they are in open relationship. But they are in no hurry to get Rajkumar Rao wife.
You may love his work, you may hate his work, but you simply can’t avoid the presence of Rajkumar Rao.